It can be a heartbreaking experience to manage trouble in a relationship. If you and your partner are looking for ways back to each other, the experienced professionals at Lindsey Hoskins & Associates may be able to help you. With our help, we may be able to support you and your partner in improving your communication with one another through listening, and help put the spark back into your relationship. Call us to find out how couples therapy in Bethesda, Maryland can help you.
Therapy Will Take Work
It will not be easy, but by putting the work in, you will improve your chances of moving past this challenging time. In order to make the most of your time in couples therapy, it will be important that you and your partner are consistent in regularly attending sessions with your therapist. You can expect that you will have to put in the extra effort outside of those sessions as well. It’s not realistic to expect therapy alone to improve all of the issues in your relationship. You will need to take the recommendations given to you by your therapist, and apply them in your daily life with your partner. This is important to obtaining success from therapy. Here are some things you can expect from Bethesda, MD couples therapy:
- Both of you will need to come together to discuss the issues in your relationship. This can be difficult; especially because you will need to take accountability for the part you have played.
- You will need to be committed to the process by following through with recommendations from your therapist.
- Couples therapy is not a magic pill. You will need to put in the work to repair your relationship.
- It can feel uncomfortable discussing the intimate details of your marriage. Although this can be difficult, it is important that you are open and honest during your sessions in order to obtain the best results.
Tips for Rekindling Your Marriage
Putting the spark back into a relationship doesn’t always come easy for people. If you have spent years in a marriage or relationship that has become routine, it can take a lot of intention to find your way back to connecting with your partner. Here are some tips for building a deeper connection with your partner:
- Listen to each other.
- Make time for each other.
- Be honest about your feelings. Letting your guard down, can be a big step towards rectifying problems in a relationship. If you are always on the defensive, animosity will continue to build, which could create more problems down the road.
- Infuse romance into your relationship, go on date nights, be more affectionate, and give each other compliments.
- Working to connect with your partner on an emotional level will help to build intimacy in your relationship.
It can be expected that at some point a couple will experience some sort of animosity in their relationship, it’s not too late to come to a resolution together. Call Lindsey Hoskins & Associates today to schedule an intake with one of our therapists. By answering any questions you may have about the process, we can help ease your mind so that you and your partner can begin the process of couples therapy in Bethesda, MD.