If you and your significant other are having problems, you may want to consider couples therapy Silver Spring MD families trust. At Lindsey Hoskins & Associates, we understand that even the strongest relationships face difficulties at times and want to provide our help. We offer weekend and evening appointments to accommodate busy schedules.
Common Reasons Why Couples Fight
Relationships are not always easy. Arguments are bound to happen at some point. However, if the arguments involve the same issues over and over, couples therapy in Silver Spring MD may be necessary to resolve them. Let’s take a look at some of the most common reasons why couples fight:
- No Physical Intimacy: Physical intimacy issues are often discussed during couples therapy Silver Spring MD locals turn to for help. Whether it’s due to hormonal changes or loss of attraction, little to no physical intimacy can negatively affect a relationship.
- Finances: Couples who live together may be more likely to fight about finances. Maybe one partner likes to spend a lot while the other partner likes to save every dime. Differences in financial goals can put a serious strain on a relationship.
- Meddling In-laws: If an in-law is heavily involved in a couple’s relationship, it can be a problem. Meddling in-laws are a common topic discussed during couples therapy Silver Spring MD residents count on. One partner may not like that a family member is so involved in the relationship and wants him or her to keep his or her distance.
- Infidelity: If one partner cheats on the other, it can create a rift in the relationship. The person who got cheated on usually feels hurt and betrayed and may not trust his or her partner anymore. Although infidelity can severely damage a relationship, it is possible to recover from it after intense therapy.
- Timing: Many couples argue about major milestones in their relationship, such as when to move in together or when to get married. If two partners are on different timelines, it can lead to problems in the relationship.
Scheduling a Consultation with a Couples Therapist
If you find yourself constantly arguing with your partner, it may be time to explore Silver Spring couples therapy. A trained couples therapist can sit down with you and your significant other in a private and comfortable setting and help you get to the bottom of your issues. One of our therapists may ask you some questions in order to find out more about your relationship. Here are some of the examples of the questions your couples therapist may ask:
- Why are you here?
- How often do you fight?
- How do you communicate with one another?
- Are you two intimate with each other?
- What is the biggest challenge in your relationship?
- What are you hoping to gain from counseling?
When you are in couples therapy Silver Spring MD locals depend on, be sure to answer each question honestly and with as much detail as possible.
If you are looking for couples therapy Silver Spring MD offers, contact Lindsey Hoskins & Associates at 240-752-7650.