Bringing You Closer Together Through Couples Counseling
Couples Counseling Potomac MD
Those who are looking to reconnect with their partner may benefit from couples counseling in Potomac MD with a therapist at Lindsey Hoskins & Associates. We believe in helping our clients reach a more intimate place in their relationship. If you have been having problems with trust, communication, disagreements, or other issues, a therapist at Lindsey Hoskins & Associates can help guide you to a place of harmony. Potomac MD couples counseling can be of great benefit to both partners.
Many couples may find that at some point in their relationship there is a building tension, distrust, decreased intimacy, or frequent verbal arguments without solution. The signs of relationship distress can include the following:
- Challenges in communicating, understanding and resolution of differences
- Enduring the same relationship argument/scenario over and over again
- Loss of trust foundation due to infidelity, or other behavior
- Feeling hopeless and surmounting stress in the relationship
Key Elements for a Healthy Relationship
In order for a relationship to thrive in a healthy and positive way, there are ingredients to consider that can have a substantial impact on romantic success.
- Identifying Attachment Style: the relationship pattern you develop in early childhood years with your parents or caretakers can set the foundation for adult relationships in the future. These behaviors are often unconscious, but with an increased awareness through Potomac MD couples counseling, you can develop healthier attachment patterns with your partner.
- Present Moment: by practicing a mindfulness of the present moment rather than of past or future concerns, it can help transform relationships and enhance their immediacy and value.
- Realistic Expectations: sometimes we have expectations of our partner that are unrealistic and even harmful if we do not accept our partner for who they really are and not how we imagine they could be.
- Self-Acceptance and Compassion: by being gentle and accepting of ourselves for who we are, it can transfer to the people around us, including our romantic partners.
- Healthy Communication: developing skills for talking with our significant other in a healthy manner, establishing boundaries, and managing emotions.
What to Expect During Your First Session for Couples Counseling in Potomac MD
To start, a therapist who offers Potomac MD couples counseling may ask about who you and your partner are as individuals. This is so your therapist can get a sense of how to guide both of you during the therapy sessions. A therapist’s goal with couples counseling in Potomac MD is not to determine a resolution for you, but to instead help you arrive at a mutual agreement. Therapy can provide a safe, non-judgemental, and neutral space for expression of resentments, emotions, and past hurts that need healing. A therapist can help couples understand each other and overcome painful events in their relationship. Whether the issues have to do with infidelity, mistrust, lack of intimacy and more, a therapist at Lindsey Hoskins & Associates can offer an unbiased yet compassionate ear.
Couples Counseling Potomac MD Partners Turn to with Confidence
Contact us to schedule a counseling session with a therapist at Lindsey Hoskins & Associates. We believe in helping couples achieve the longevity they desire. We take pride in assisting our clients during their journey to a renewed sense of joy in their relationship. We hope to hear from you today.