Couples therapy can be helpful for partners who find themselves facing a challenge in any aspect of their relationship. The clinicians at Lindsey Hoskins & Associates have extensive experience working with couples in all different types of relationships and facing the full spectrum of relationship problems. We work with dating couples, engaged couples, newly married couples, partners who are in committed non-marital relationships, and couples who have been married for any length of time. In our experience, couples therapy is most effective when both partners participate willingly, fully, and enthusiastically.
For whom is couples therapy appropriate?
- Dating couples
- Couples contemplating or planning for marriage read more about premarital counseling here
- Same-sex couples
- Couples in long-term committed relationship who do not wish to marry
- Married couples
- Separated or divorcing couples may also choose family therapy
What issues can be addressed in couples therapy?
- Improving communication patterns, or developing non-abusive forms of communication
- Rebuilding or strengthening trust
- Increasing intimacy
- Preparing for cohabitation or marriage
- Moving past an affair or other transgression
- Deciding whether to continue a relationship
- Reconciling different parenting skills
Often, couples therapy includes some individual sessions with each partner so that each may focus on his or her own processes and needs within the couple relationship. However, one or both partners may wish to pursue individual therapy to work on personal issues that are less related to the partner relationship. Your therapist can help you decide whether this should be done with the same therapist, or with another therapist either inside or outside the practice.
Contact Lindsey Hoskins & Associates for Couples Counseling Bethesda MD can trust.
Request an appointment online for couples therapy with one of our clinicians or call 240-752-7650.
Scholarship Information: www.lindseyhoskins.com/scholarship/