Ceremony Officiant Chevy Chase MD
If you’re planning on getting married, you may want to consider a ceremony officiant Chevy Chase MD provides to couples who may not be affiliated with a religious minister. An officiant does more than help to officially “tie the knot” — he or she is also there to guide the parties through every step of the marriage process. Sometimes that starts initially with marriage counseling, pre-wedding preparation, or the writing of vows.
When you’re looking for a registered Chevy Chase ceremony officiant who understands the commitment a couple is about to take, Lindsey Hoskins, Cara Nazareth, and Shy Porter are all ministers of the American Fellowship Church. Whether you are looking for pre-marriage counseling or an officiant to oversee your big day, we are here for you. We are authorized to perform weddings throughout Maryland and Washington, D.C. To find out more, we encourage you to speak with a ceremony officiant in Chevy Chase MD by calling 240-752-7650.
What are the duties of a ceremony officiant Chevy Chase MD families depend on?
A ceremony officiant, also known as a wedding officiant, is a person authorized by the state to preside over marriage ceremonies. The officiant is responsible for a number of duties, but the primary one is to assist in the planning and writing of the ceremony. Sometimes this is straightforward and requires very little more than acting as a witness between the two parties and signing the marriage license. In other instances, a ceremony officiant Chevy Chase MD couples trust may act as a counselor, mentor, and pre-marriage planner. Although every officiant is different, the following duties may be initiated by an officiant:
- Counsel the couple through pre-wedding concerns
- Get acquainted through phone or in-person meetings/consultations
- Discuss the initial ceremony ideas and requirements
- Verify the legality of the marriage through personal identification
- File for licenses
- Assist in the writing of the vows, speeches, or other wording
- Perform ceremony rituals such as blended family ceremonies
- Attend a ceremony rehearsal
- Officiate the ceremony
- Announce the legal joining of the couple
- Complete and file the legal paperwork
- Provide the couple with a keepsake of the ceremony
Officiants may partake in other duties that involve planning and preparation. These services vary depending on each individual. Therefore, you should speak with a ceremony officiant Chevy Chase MD respects to discuss your personal needs in further detail.
Ceremony Officiant Chevy Chase MD Who Will Customize Your Ceremony
No bride and groom to be want a one size fits all wedding ceremony. Most, are looking for a unique way to capture their love when they say “I Do.” Planning your ceremony doesn’t have to be a stressful process. By working closely with you, our Chevy Chase MD ceremony officiant can listen to your wishes for the big day and help to plan a ceremony that is unique to you and your partner.
Planning Your Ceremony
Don’t allow your wedding ceremony to be an afterthought. Your Chevy Chase MD ceremony officiant knows that much planning should go into your wedding ceremony. Amidst all of the other components to your wedding, there will be much to do. At Lindsey Hoskins & Associates, our Chevy Chase MD ceremony officiants can guide you through every last detail of your wedding ceremony. We provide more than just a professional to officiate your vows, we can support you in planning a ceremony that is unique to you and your partner. Not only will you need to consider the structure of your ceremony, chances are you will want to incorporate some of your most treasured loved ones into the event. Getting married is one of life’s biggest milestones, because of this, you will want to have those closest to you incorporated into it, this may include:
- Your Children
- The Mother and Father of the Bride
- The Mother and Father of the Groom
- The Maid of Honor and Best Man
- The Wedding Party
- Close Family and Friends
Depending upon the structure of your ceremony, your Chevy Chase, MD ceremony officiant can work with you to develop ways to include your loved ones. You may choose to have a family member or close friend walk your cherished pet down the aisle, or ask your favorite aunt to read a special poem. No matter the make up, Lindsey Hoskins & Associates can work with you and your partner to create a ceremony that incorporates the people in your life whom you hold dear.
Guiding the Ceremony
On your big day, you shouldn’t have to worry over whether your ceremony with go off without a hitch. Our Chevy Chase MD ceremony officiant can take the lead to ensure that all runs smoothly, so that you don’t have to. We will listen to your needs to help you plan a ceremony that is exactly what you are looking for. Generally, most wedding ceremonies follow a similar makeup that may include:
- The Wedding Processional: This usually includes those who are closest to you, often immediate family and friends.
- Opening Remarks: After meeting with you, our Chevy Chase MD ceremony officiant will put together a speech that welcomes your guests to the ceremony. If you would like, we can even share a story of how the two of you met one another, and the journey you have been on up to this point.
- Readings: You may choose to have those close to you share a reading or something that they have written on their own. There are a number of readings that you may choose from when planning this part of your ceremony. Some couples may choose religious readings, humorous readings, or romantic readings. The options are limitless. Because of this, it can easily become overwhelming to choose something. If you would like, our Chevy Chase MD ceremony officiant can provide you with some options.
- Your Vows: You may choose to write your own vows or use more traditional wedding vows, whichever you choose, we can help you to carefully plan out the way you choose to express your love to one another.
- Seal Your Marriage with a Kiss.
- Union Ritual: Some couples may choose some type of ritual that symbolizes their marriage. This can include a candle lighting ceremony, sand ceremony or some other creative ritual you have in mind.
- Closing Statements made by your Chevy Chase MD ceremony officiant.
- Recessional: At this point, your ceremony is complete. You and your wedding party will head back down the aisle to commence the reception.
Say “I Do” With Lindsey Hoskins & Associates
When a couple asks Lindsey Hoskins & Associates to marry them, we consider it an honor. We take pride in our client relationships and the ability to assist in the creation of a ceremony that respects both parties. We’re happy to work directly with couples to incorporate both traditional and unconventional aspects into each ceremony to create a completely unique celebration of vows.
If you would like to speak with one of our associates about our officiant services, please call us for a complimentary consultation. To schedule your discussion with a ceremony officiant Chevy Chase MD has to offer, call (240) 752-7650.