Our relationship counseling in Maryland can help partners struggling with any aspect of their relationship. The clinicians at Lindsey Hoskins & Associates have worked extensively with people in all different types of couple relationships, and couples at all different stages. In our experience, it’s a type of therapy that is most effective when both partners participate willingly, fully and enthusiastically.
For whom is relationship counseling appropriate?
- Dating couples
- Couples contemplating or planning for marriage
- Same-sex couples
- Married couples
- Separated or divorcing couples
What issues might they need to address?
- Improving communication, or developing non-abusive forms of communication
- Strengthening trust
- Increasing intimacy
- Preparing for cohabitation or marriage
- Moving past an affair or other transgressions
- Deciding whether to continue a relationship
- Parenting skills
- Learning to Listen to Your Partner
During relationship counseling, it is common to include some individual sessions with each partner so each may focus on his or her own processes and needs within the couple relationship. However, there may be times when one or both partners may wish to pursue individual therapy to work on personal issues unrelated to the partner relationship. In this case, our clinicians would provide you with a referral to an individual therapist while we continue relationship counseling.
Schedule an appointment online for relationship counseling with one of our clinicians or call 240-752-7650.