Pre-Marital Counselor Kensington, MD
If you have you recently become engaged and are starting to question important elements in the future; such as children, finances, or what is expected of one another, then it’s time to talk with a pre-marital counselor in Kensington, MD from Lindsey Hoskins & Associates. Couples counseling can help both of you to gain an understanding, and appreciation, of how a successful marriage can unfold.
Why Couples Counselling Sessions Can Work
As a team of couples counselors, we have successfully helped men, women, couples, and those in the LGBTQ community to identify, address, and work through a broad range of issues. Some of these may be causing a significant hindrance in their life while others may feel unsatisfied or unsolved.
A MD pre-marital counselor in Kensington has the necessary training and experience to listen, engage with, and guide couples towards a desired outcome. In a supportive, comfortable environment, you and your soon-to-be-spouse can feel peace of mind in knowing that your couples counselor:
- Will support both of you
- Will encourage honesty and open communication
- Honor your privacy
- Won’t be there to judge you or criticize you
- Will listen to what you have to say
- Will be respectful of your opinions
- Can provide with practical advice
- Can teach both of you techniques and tools that promote growth, balance, and healing
How Engaged Couples Can Benefit from Couples Counselling
There are a broad range of benefits to going to couples counseling with a Maryland pre-marital counselor in Kensington at Lindsey Hoskins & Associates before you tie the knot. Some of these include, but are not limited to:
- The Elements of the Wedding Can Be Discussed. Marriage is something to be celebrated; however, there is a lot that goes into planning the actual event. If you find that you’re not seeing eye to eye on certain elements during the planning process, couples counseling sessions can help both of you to come to an agreeance on these things, and more.
- You Can Discuss Finances. After the marriage, life will resume, and you will need to cover expenses like a mortgage. It should be known who will cover these costs. Some couples decide that one spouse will pay for the mortgage and the other necessary expenses while others will split the costs equally. Knowing this in advance can save a lot of headache and confusion.
- Starting a Family. Perhaps you have already discussed having children, or maybe one of you is not ready for this commitment. This is often a sensitive subject that should be brought up in couples counseling sessions with a Kensington pre-marital counselor if there is any discomfort or confusion.
- Resolving Issues. Naturally, one or both of you might have some issues that have not been discussed. For example, there might be annoyances or pet peeves you would like to mention. Or maybe you feel there is distance between you and your future in-laws. Talking about these things now over couples counseling Kensington, MD can help both of you to understand the things that need to be worked on; thereby, preventing possible challenges from arising.
If you would like to learn more about couples counselling prior to getting married, please call a Maryland pre-marital counselor from Lindsey Hoskins & Associates for more information.