If you are in need of family counseling Chevy Chase MD residents trust, you may want to contact Lindsey Hoskins & Associates. Our licensed family therapists may help you and your family address certain issues and form a stronger bond with one another. We offer evening and weekend appointments to accommodate everyone’s schedule.
Signs Your Family May Need Family Counseling
Not all families are happy all the time. In fact, many families face numerous hardships that affect their ability to function normally. That is when family counseling Chevy Chase MD clients respect become critical. Here are signs your family may require family therapy:
- The family has had a traumatic experience: A traumatic experience, such as a death, can severely damage a family. If your family is having trouble coping with a traumatic event, family therapy may be a necessary step.
- Family members have trouble communicating: Does it seem like your family barely talks to each other or gets into arguments whenever there is communication? If so, there may be an underlying issue that needs to be addressed with the help of a family therapist.
- The children’s behavior has changed: If the children’s behavior has drastically changed at home or school, it may be a cause for concern. For example, if one of your children is all of a sudden sneaking out of the house and getting into trouble, it may be time to seek family counseling Chevy Chase MD residents rely on.
- Family members have substance abuse issues: Whether it is drugs or alcohol, substance abuse issues can tear a family apart. If one or more of your family members are abusing drugs or alcohol, it may be important to seek counseling as soon as possible. A family therapist may help your family members figure out the root cause of their addiction and get on the road to recovery.
- Family members threaten each other with violence: If there have been any threats of violence between family members, it is definitely time to look into Chevy Chase family counseling. Threats of violence are serious matters and need intervention before anyone gets hurt.
What to Expect During Your First Family Counseling Session
If you feel nervous about your first family counseling session, you are not alone. Many people feel unsure about family counseling in Chevy Chase MD at first. However, if you know what to expect, the first session might go smoother.
In the very beginning, your family therapist may speak to all your family members together and get an idea of how you all interact with one another. She may ask each family member their point of view of the problems the family is facing. During family counseling Chevy Chase MD clients depend on, the family therapist may also spend a little time with each family member individually and ask them questions.
If you want to find out more information about family counseling Chevy Chase MD offers, you may want to call Lindsey Hoskins & Associates at 703-372-9448.