In the past, marriage counseling in Rockville MD may have been the last resort for couples who are nearing the real possibility of a divorce. As more people discover the effectiveness of counseling sessions, however, the popularity of marriage counseling has flourished and more couples are seeking help for a broad range of issues. From couples who are starting a family to those dealing with marital problems or are struggling after the diagnosis of an illness, Rockville MD marriage counseling could be advantageous.
When Marriage Counseling May Be Necessary
If you and your spouse are having issues, it doesn’t necessarily mean you have to get a divorce. You may be able to rectify your problems through marriage counseling Rockville MD trusts. Let’s take a look at a few common situations where marriage counseling may be beneficial:
1. One Partner Has Had an Affair: There’s no doubt that recovering from an affair is difficult. When one partner has been unfaithful, the other partner likely feels betrayed and angry. However, it may be possible to salvage your marriage by attending marriage counseling in Rockville MD. A marriage counselor may help a couple discover why the affair happened in the first place and help them work through their troubles.
2. Every Conversation Turns Into an Argument: It’s normal to have a disagreement with your spouse every once in awhile. Even the happiest couples have arguments. However, if it seems like you and your spouse argue about every little thing, there could be a bigger problem and you might have built up anger towards each other. If you go to marriage counseling Rockville MD respects, your counselor may be able to help figure out the root behind your anger and why you are arguing so often.
3. Your Sex Life Is Non-Existent: It’s normal for couples to not have sex as often after they have been together for a while. However, if your sex life is basically non-existent, something may be wrong. Whether it is due to a loss of attraction or hormonal changes, a sexless marriage can lead to problems. Attending marriage counseling Rockville MD offers may help the two of you find out why there is a lack of intimacy and how to bring the spice back into your marriage.
4. You Disagree About Finances: Financial disagreements are one of the most common issues in marriages. If you and your spouse have different views about money and can’t agree on how to handle your finances, it may lead to a lot of turmoil. For example, you may want to put most of your money into savings while your spouse prefers to do more spending. In marriage counseling Rockville MD relies on, a marriage counselor may help you learn how to compromise about your finances.
5. You Rarely Communicate: Regular communication is important for a healthy marriage. If you and your spouse barely say two words to each other all day, there may be some underlying issues. During Rockville marriage counseling, a marriage counselor may help you come to terms with those issues and teach you new ways to communicate with one another.
6. You Keep Secrets: It is fine to want some privacy in your marriage, but keeping secrets from one another isn’t good. Whether it is about finances or a problem at work, hiding things from each other may lead to trust issues. If you feel afraid to talk to your partner about certain aspects of your life, marriage counseling Rockville MD depends on may help.
Benefits of Marriage Counseling
Lindsey Hoskins & Associates offers marriage counseling in Rockville MD to couples who may feel they could benefit from sessions. Guided by a supportive clinician, we help couples to identify their objectives and find healthy ways to reach their goals. If you and your spouse are unsure where to begin, we’d like to speak with you during a free phone consultation.
Some professionals would agree that a fresh, outside perspective on couples’ issues can help to maintain their relationship. This is where marriage counseling in Rockville MD comes into the picture. If you and/or your spouse is considering marriage counseling, but are still not sure if it’s right, consider the following advantages:
1. You can discuss core problems: In marriage counseling Rockville MD has to offer, you’ll get the opportunity to talk about your issues and concerns. Through an organized, supportive approach, you and your clinician may discuss your problems and their surrounding factors. Once identified, you can begin to focus on healthy solutions or alternatives to better the situation.
2. You may receive unbiased advice: Marriage counseling in Rockville MD is meant to help both people involved. A clinician is prepared to listen to both individuals and provide unbiased, honest feedback that does not favor one spouse over the other. This could give you the chance to look at things from a different perspective and may help you understand your partner’s point of view.
3. You can discover your strengths and weaknesses: Your relationship will naturally have its strengths and weaknesses. Marriage counseling in Rockville MD might help to identify both and realize which areas you and your partner should focus on. Knowing each other’s strengths can also provide you with an extra boost of confidence that may help you save your marriage.
4. You may start to see your marriage more clearly: As your sessions progress, you may begin to notice how each one helps you to realize your shortcomings and downfalls. You may be offered valuable pieces of advice and learn various communication tools that you can utilize in your day-to-day life. With this information, you and your spouse may begin to tackle the larger problems affecting your marriage.
Lindsey Hoskins & Associates: Clinicians Who Are Ready to Listen
Sometimes all it takes to rekindle a marriage is a little extra support from a third party. If you feel like your marriage needs some tender loving care, Lindsey Hoskins & Associates would like to speak with you over the phone to find out how we may help. To set up a complimentary initial phone consultation for marriage counseling in Rockville MD, please call 240-752-7650.