Individual Therapy Sterling VA
If you are considering individual therapy Sterling VA residents trust, contact Lindsey Hoskins & Associates. Each therapist in our office is specially trained and offers caring and confidential services to our clients.
Reasons for Individual Therapy
Sterling VA individual therapy is a collaboration between the client and their therapist. The goal of the two is to facilitate improvements and changes to the client’s life.
There are many reasons why a person may seek out individual therapy Sterling VA provides. They may be dealing with a difficult life transition that is causing specific challenges, or there may be a childhood trauma that is greatly affecting their life. They may be struggling with anxiety or depression, substance abuse, or an eating disorder. People often seek out therapy to help deal with the grief over the death of a loved one or when they are facing the end of a relationship. Other issues clients may be dealing with are identity concerns, anger issues, or thoughts of self-harm or suicide.
Some people choose individual therapy as a way to encourage their own personal growth, while others may attend in order to prepare for couples or family counseling.
Sessions are usually held on a weekly basis and can be between 40 to 90 minutes long.
Typically, the first couple of sessions of individual therapy Sterling VA clients depend on is spent discussing what some of the client’s issues are and what solutions he or she has tried in the past. Once the issues have been determined, the therapist and client can come up with what goals the client hopes to achieve with the therapy.
In order to achieve the best results with your individual therapy Sterling VA residents depend on, there are some steps that you can take to help make the process successful.
- When meeting with your therapist, try to clarify what you hope to gain from the experience and what your goals may be.
- Make sure you are an active participant in your Sterling individual therapy sessions. Do not hesitate to express your true thoughts and feeling with your therapist. Remember, there are no judgments.
- Stay focused on the issues that are important to you and don’t worry how others in your life may be feeling about what you feel those issues are.
- Do not hesitate to ask your therapist questions or express any concerns you have.
- Do not forget to be patient with yourself. This process takes time.
Consider Individual Therapy in Sterling VA
If you believe that you could benefit from therapy, do not hesitate to reach out. The professional therapists at Lindsey Hoskins & Associates can provide you with the support and advice you need.
If you would like to discuss whether or not individual therapy Sterling VA residents recommend could help you, contact us at (703) 372-9443 or fill out a contact form on our website.