Couples Therapy Sterling VA
Lindsey Hoskins & Associates offers couples therapy Sterling VA residents have long relied on. Effective therapy can provide couples with many benefits, all of which are valuable for establishing and sustaining long-term, healthy relationships.
If you’re considering Sterling couples therapy, here are five benefits you and your partner may receive from counseling:
- A balancing of relationship dynamics. In new as well as in established relationships, an unhealthy dynamic can develop. This is manifested in partners blaming the other for issues that can be solved by working together. In couples therapy Sterling VA partners learn how to shift their focus from an argumentative perspective toward one of partnership.
- Financial issues can cause great strain, particularly if one partner is struggling and the other is not. By working together they can move through the difficult period as one and reduce the overall stress as a result. This can also prevent immediate and long term feelings of resentment.
- Communication imbalances that are exacerbated by partners with different needs can be addressed. Couples therapy in Sterling VA can include ways to increase the amount of communication or the quality so that each partner can feel heard.
- Change behavior that is unhealthy or dysfunctional. In couples therapy Sterling VA clients learn how to behave in ways that are more loving toward one another, and more productive overall. When a person engages in actions that cause physical or emotional harm to another, their own self, or to their partner, the effect can be devastating for all concerned. Trust issues can develop which may impede or destroy the bond that couples once shared. In a worst case scenario, physical harm may result. This can include domestic violence as well as drug or alcohol abuse.
- Reverse emotional distancing. Even couples who were initially very close at the onset of their relationship can experience a sense of emotional distancing over time. This can happen for any number of reasons. Fortunately, the cycle can be stopped and even reversed with the help of couples therapy Sterling VA recommends.
- When a person feels emotionally unsafe they may avoid expressing their feelings due to a fear of being vulnerable. A skilled therapist with Lindsey Hoskins & Associates can help create a safe environment that encourages communication between partners. Within that safe space, couples can re-engage and address the issues that divide them.
- If one or both partners were unable to develop safe and secure emotional attachments early in life, this may affect their current relationship. If this is affecting your relationship, a therapist can help address the needs of the individual or the couple. We offer individual counseling that can be undertaken in tandem with couples counseling if that best serves your needs. Each relationship is unique and must be honored as such.
Lindsey Hoskins & Associates are pleased to offer therapy for couples in relationships who feel the desire for professional guidance. Call our office today to arrange a session with a trusted and skilled counselor. We provide couples therapy Sterling VA partners turn to with confidence.